This policy is specifically designed for banks and similar financial institutions to respond to risks that they may be exposed to. As a standard policy it provides the following coverages:
- Infidelity of insured’s employees
- Loss of cash: This includes cash &/or securities &/or valuables held in vault or safes due to theft or hold-up or other perils
- Loss of property while in transit anywhere in the custody of an employee or other authorized person or while in the custody of any security or armored vehicle of the company
- Forgery or fraudulent alteration of checks, bills of exchange, acceptances, drafts, certificates of deposit, letters of credit and the like
- Loss of securities which prove to have been counterfeited, forged, fraudulently altered or lost or stolen
- Loss due to counterfeited currency
- Offices and contents, i.e. loss of or damage to furnishings, fixtures, equipment, stationery etc. Due to theft, hold up, vandalism or malicious mischief
- Legal fees, i.e. the policy indemnifies the insured for all reasonable legal fees, costs and expenses incurred in defense of any demand, claim or suit or legal proceeding.
These days the standard BBB policy is often extended to include electronic computer crime, directors and officers liability and professional indemnity or a combination of all these coverages under one policy other than having separate policies, resulting to an overall premium saving to the insured.